Houston's Network Marketing NO "Pitch" Skills Training
The next meetup is Thursday, October 8, 2009
Topic — Everything You Wanted to Know About Online social networking -
If you’ve been wanting to take the online social networking plunge, here’s your opportunity. We will discuss the basics from customizing your profile, online ‘netiquette’, how to brand yourself, and much more.
If you’ve already taken the plunge, feel free to share any online strategies that are woking for you.
Monterey’s Tex Mex Cafe
12520 Greenspoint Dr
Houston, TX 77060
Be sure to RVSP over on the Houston Network Marketing Meetup Group site
The One Minute Presentation
Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone we invited to an opportunity meeting actually showed up, eager and ready to take action?
Let’s look at where that system is breaking down. It’s before we ever get to the presentation meeting
We spend too much time trying to convince unqualified people to join
It is not true that every one breathing on their own, who has a pulse – is a prospect We do the show up and throw up system – too much information.
What do you NOT need in your 1 Minute presentation:
1. The Company P&L statement
2. Who is the President
3. If you were the 33rd fastest growing company anywhere
4. How many millions of dollars in sales the company did.
5. What percentage of growth the company had last quarter
6. Details on the comp plan.
7. How many colors/sizes/features/prices/bps/cvs, etc
8. How much time and money is spent on the quality assurance
9. Money back guarantee
10. The corporate Jet, building, # of customer service reps
Here are some questions prospects WANT to know:
1. What do I have to do?
2. Tell me a little about the product or service
3. Is it reasonably priced
4. Will others want this?
5. Can I do it?
(Watch your terms- linear, residual – consider using on-going until you explain “Rock and Roll” income or “Mailbox” money.All the things a prospect does not need to know in a 1 minute presentation is something they should get as "training")
If you start with the attitude that …. here’s the facts…. that’s it. Then the decision is up to the prospect.
Many prospects think they must become a salesperson to do Network Marketing, when in truth Network Marketing is about building relationships, referring and recommending…… not "pitching, pushing, prodding, convincing, or selling".
So, here’s the format for the 1 Minute Presentation:
1. Let your prospect know they do not need to change. The prospect does not have to become something he/she is not, just continue to refer and recommend just like they always have – movies, books, shopping, etc….
2. Let your prospect know WHAT your company has to offer, for multiple services or products, just give them 2-3 ideas based on the ones you like and ask if they think they could find however many they liked and feel comfortable recommending those? Remember that we do not all have to like the same things.
3. Ask your prospect if between everybody they talk to and everybody they talk to, so on and so on, does your prospect think with your help and your team’s system that they might could find X number of people who looked forward to using Company ABC’s products/services on a regular basis?
If the prospect leans forward and says ”tell me more", then you can take one of several paths:
1. Ask questions such as: What would you like to know – don’t assume you know
what they want to know.
2. LOAN the prospect a third party tool, like your company DVD, CD, Magazine (let the person know you will need to get the ‘tool’ back from them within a reasonable period of time)
3. Invite them to the ‘training’ session that is coming up (you know - that presentation meeting).
If the prospect says "no", then leave him/her alone. No need to spend time trying to convince someone to be interested. Remember, we can’t ‘make’ someone want to have a dream or see the vision in Network Marketing that we do.
Thanks to everyone who came for making it a great, interactive Meetup.
~ Jennifer Fisher
Join the Meetup Group
- October 2012
- September 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- August 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008